Wednesday, January 12, 2011

out of shadow.

Yes. That was a Lord of the Rings reference. Don't judge. (B and I have been on a LOTR marathon since we ran out of Breaking Bad episodes this weekend. Just as good as they were 5 years ago!)

Not really any exciting stories or pretty pictures to share this time around. Just some good old-fashioned honesty.

Starting a business is hard. It is discouraging at times. And it is stressful.

And I spent the last half of last week in shadow. Not even the mean reds. Just a dark, icky, sticky shadow.

The kind where you can't sleep, can't take a deep breath, can't laugh at your husband's wildly ill-timed "that's what she said" jokes, and all you want to do is go back to sleep (even though you can't sleep.)

So I went to hot power yoga. I got up. And put on an old grey t-shirt and some crappy old yoga pants and went to yoga with a bad attitude and a determination to get through a really hard class with my bad attitude in tow.

Then my bad attitude and I had some tough conversations with a couple of loved ones.

And you know what?

My bad attitude didn't go away that day.

I woke up the next morning, though, after a full-night of deep sleep brought on by those truly healing practices... and had stepped out of the shadow. Monday suddenly didn't seem so scary and dark. Running my own business and being a home maker and a daughter and a sister and a friend suddenly felt lighter.

And this week has been amazing.

Step out of the shadow. Take your bad attitude with you if you need to. But take that step.

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing, Anne! Even if you have on a LOTR marathon... (Ok, so earlier this week, I too had a LOTR marathon. I only made it through 1 and 2, but the 3rd will happen!)

    ReplyDelete