Saturday, November 27, 2010

Giving Thanks for a California Thanksgiving!

Happy Saturday after Black Friday after Thanksgiving!

Haven't been around as I have been posting lots of leftovers recipes and "stay smaller than a bus" posts over at ZenPulseBlog!

Was in a bit of a funk as I had hoped to go home this year for Turkey Day as we are FINALLY close enough, but it didn't work out for a bunch of reasons. It's been an OK week, though!

Started with a new client, spent lots of time working on my business plan and had a great Thanksgiving with friends.

Oh. And have done LOTS of power yoga. $40 for 30 days unlimited at Yoga Belly in Mountain View. Between the power yoga and the power drills I've been doing at the gym I feel...well... powerful! Success of the week: NAILED side crow today.

Thanksgiving Morning, I led a family hike at Lexington Dam in Los Gatos. We had two families plus B and Me. It was chilly but beautiful!


Dinner was at Lori's! I am a horrible blogger and took NO. PICTURES. of Thanksgiving Dinner. I was too overwhelmed by the goodness!

On the menu:
  • Rosemary + Lemon Cornish Game Hen
  • Mashed White + Sweet Potatoes
  • Sprouted Grain Cranberry-Apple Stuffing (Vegan)
  • Caramelized Pecan Sweet Potatoes (Vegan)
  • Orange Date-Cranberry Sauce (Vegan)
  • Grandma's Cranberry Dressing (Raw+Vegan)
  • Pumpkin Garlic Knots (Vegan)
  • "Almost Raw" Pumpkin Pie on a Raw Date-Pecan Crust (Vegan)
Photos should be up over at What Runs Lori soon. She and the boyfriend saved Thanksgiving! (B and I were thiiiiis close to making spelt-crust pizza and playing Wii...)

Today's hike was not so good.

It was a bit grey and chilly here, but bundled and drove 30 minute to the trail head... where it was pouring rain. Turned around and drove the 30 min home. grrr...

SO. I hit up a KICK. ASS. hot yoga class at my new favorite place to be and sweated my mat too slippery to stand on. Have been pretty antsy-in-my-stretchy-pants the rest of the day.
  • Grocery run to Sprouts.
  • Changed clothes.
  • Made Mollie Katzen's Peanut Noodles.
  • Ate Peanut Noodles.
  • Changed clothes again.
  • Paced around for a while.
  • Started bread in bread maker.
  • Did Dishes.
  • Made almond milk.
  • Did more dishes.
  • Paced around some more.
Could be an interesting evening if this keeps up. May need to crack my $3 bottle of wine from Sprouts a day early...

No comments:

Post a Comment