Friday, September 10, 2010

Rancho San Antonio Take II

When I finally got B out of bed at a time that will not be mentioned we (I) bounded around getting ready for the hike that we (I) had our (my) heart set on last night!

We did the PG&E Trail at the Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve when we were here apartment hunting and saw lots of other trails we wanted to try. Today was the day!

We did the Wildcat Loop and Upper Wildcat Canyon + Deer Valley Farm for a total of about 2.2 hours. One thing I can't say enough about here is the weather!


Seventy-Five Degrees and Sunny. Again. Ho Hum. :)


After going on to do the Upper Wildcat Canyon, we stopped at the Deer Valley Farm to glance at the gardens and glare at the goats. (and sheep and pigs and cows, but alliteration is adorable, agreed?!)




The farm had an orchard and a little 'honor system' fruit stand with fresh-off-the-tree apples for 50 cents! They tasted like an intense burst of Fall.

Had good intentions for Hot Yoga today, but got sucked into ACE Certification studying, dinner making, biography reading and continued nesting. Tomorrow morning at 8 am will make a nice complement to today's hike, though.

*

SO. Now that we're here (albeit still couch-less)... what the heck are we doing? B is busy studying away and soaking up the local engineering culture via Meet Up groups and workshops.

Me? I taking a sabbatical. I'm taking a few months to write, read and pray, with a few good down dogs thrown in for good measure. It's been a long road, for those of you who know my story, and I'm stopping at this little Vista Point to grab a drink, sit on the bench and take it all in.

Scary? Yup.

But remember: "Future is as Future Does." Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment