Sunday, October 31, 2010

Austin: Part 2 and 3


My sweet and bubbly college roommate was married to the Texas man-of-her-dreams last night. It was a beautiful night at a beautiful venue and I couldn't be happier for both of them!



Congrats Mr. and Mrs. B!!

Spent today in Austin with my best friend and best friend's husband/my brother (in all but blood). Started out at LadyBird Lake!


Squirrels everywhere! This one was quite indignant as I was too close to his nuts. (groan...)

Moved on to 6th Street... which was much less festive at noon. after Halloween Saturday. As noted by 'brother' : " It smells like stale beer out here. You know. Like when we first open the bar after a crazy Saturday night?"

Still beautiful, though!

Had lunch at Bikini's Sports Bar (fish tacos sans tortilla and steamed veggies with a side of over-exposed wait staff... yikes!) and hit up South Congress Ave.




I would like to throw out there that I would move here JUST to be closed to South Congress Ave.


Followed it up with an attempt to see the Congress Ave bats fly out from the patio at TGI Fridays. Missed the bats, but our server hooked us up with great food and a dear old friend from years ago.


How I have missed you!

I'm probably hunkering down for the night. Lots of walking today and lots of driving and I am kinda tired. I am on my own tomorrow to explore and can't wait to hit up one of the amazing hiking/biking trails for a great run and some bootcamp-style sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment